Monday, May 24, 2010

Roman Head Woodblock




Here is the current wood block that I have been working on. It is carved and inked with black relief ink ready to be printed. The wood is a white pine. I like the slightly sculptural quality of the wood block.

I carved another block to render a background color and have produced a few color proofs. I'm not totally satisfied yet, but I'm making progress.

I intend to utilize this image for the Print Zero Studios Print Exchange that is coming up in July 2010. Artists will submit editions of 15 prints, then we shuffle them all up and each contributing artists receive 13 different prints from the other participating artists in return. Print Zero Studios retains 2 of the prints for their collection and usually organizes a traveling exhibit of the work.

No comments: